The application for 2018 Regional Awards can be found below. Regional Awards will be presentated at our annualy conference in October 2018. Applications are due January 30, 2018.
Nomination Criteria: Each of the eight OMLA Regional Representatives may present awards to outstanding members in their geographic area for their commitment and contributions to middle level education.
- All OMLA members are eligible to nominate a candidate.
- Nominee may be a teacher, administrator, parent, outstanding middle level program or activity, or exemplary school.
- Candidate nominated must be a current member of the Ohio Middle Level Association.
Criteria for Evaluation of Nominations
- Nominee promotes the middle school concepts through involvement in exemplary programs, leadership, or research that serves the needs of middle level students.
- Candidate nominated is involved at the local, regional, and state levels.
- Nomination must be received by the regional representative by the posted deadline.
Awarding the Honor
- Regional representative and the regional associate representatives determine the winners of the award for each region based on established criteria.
- A maximum of four winners may be awarded in each region.
- The Regional Awards are presented at the annual state conference.