Apply for Individual Membership
- Support educators who serve young adolescents between the ages of 10-15 years of age
- Promote research-based practices in the middle level education that are academically rigorous and developmentally responsive to the needs of young adolescents
- Provide a medium for those involved with Ohio’s young adolescents to share innovative practices and exemplary programs
- Unique from other professional associations in that it exists for the middle level child
- Governed by an executive board made up of elected officers and regional representatives from all 8 regions
- Encompasses teachers, administrators, supervisors, parents, college personnel, state department officials, and students
- Founded in 1973 as the Ohio Middle School Association (OMSA)
- Became affiliated with the Association of Middle Level Education (formerly the National Middle School Association) in 1975 and has become the official voice for Ohio’s middle level education on a national level.
- OMLA is inclusive of all schools in Ohio that serves grades 4-9, regardless of grade configuration or title.
OMLA Member Benefits
- On-line Membership Registration
- In the Middle Newsletter
- Ohio Middle Level Journal
- OMLA Annual State Conference – reduced rates
- Regional Professional Development and Conferences
- In-Service Programs and Speakers
- Model Programs for Visitation – Component Award Winners
- Liaison to Other Professional Organizations
- Voting Privileges in Elections
- Opportunities for State Level Recognition
- Mini-Grant Opportunities
Individual– $30.00/Calendar Year
Undergraduate College Student – $15.00/Calendar Year
Benefits of Membership
- Full access to OMLA Publications, including mailings
- Voting in all OMLA Elections
Dual Individual OMLA/AMLE Membership – $90.00
- Available through AMLE
- Call 800-528-6672 or visit their website at http://www.amle.org
Complete the form below for OMLA Membership
When completed, you can submit the form and pay by either of following ways:
1. Submit and Pay Online via “PayPal” – Have a credit card ready.
2. Download and Print out your application and mail it with a check enclosed.
Mail to: OMLA Membership
P.O. Box 289
Fort Loramie, OH 45845
Complete the form online below or download the OMLA Membership Application and mail to the address listed on the form.