The Ohio Middle Level Association is offering competitive mini-grants of $500 for the development and implementation of exemplary teaming projects that would be replicated year after year. The intent is to provide encouragement to innovative risk-takers who seek to meet the needs of middle level students. This grant is intended to fund the endeavors of teams, not individual teachers.
Applying for the Grant
- Nominated team members must be OMLA members (individual or part of a building membership).
- Only one proposal per school should be submitted by the deadline date.
- Recipient teams willing to present their projects in a session at the OMLA State Conference will receive one complimentary voucher to attend the next scheduled conference at which they will present.
- Any product that results from the project, for example, unit plan, teaming strategy, forms or similarly tangible item(s), becomes an OMLA resource.
- Funding may only supplement current district or building plans and programs.
Criteria for Evaluation of Applications
- School organization supports the project
- Plan is appropriate to early adolescent needs
- Instruction is student-centered and supports current “best practices”
- Objectives are reasonably measurable with proposed evaluation methods
- Budget is specific and reflects appropriate use of funding to enhance learning
Awarding of the Grants
- A committee of Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the winning recipients.
- Applicants will receive written notice by mid-July regarding their grant status.
- Grant recipients will receive the $500 check and one conference voucher in the mail during the month of July following the written notice.
NOTE: Recipients are not eligible to receive consecutive yearly grants.
Grant applications were due June 1, 2017