Educator of the Year
The Educator of the Year wil be awarded at our annual confernce in October 2018. The application for the 2018 Educator of the Year can be found below, along with criteria. The application is due January 30, 2018.
The Educator-of-the-Year award is the most distinguished honor the Ohio Middle Level Association can bestow upon an individual to recognize his or her contributions to middle level education.
- Nominator must be a current member of the Ohio Middle Level Association
- Individual nominated may be a teacher, administrator, or parent.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Ohio Middle Level Association.
- Previous recipients may not be nominated for the award.
- Nominated individual promotes the middle school concept through involvement in exemplary programs, leadership, or research that serves the needs of middle level students.
- The candidate is involved at the local, regional, and state levels.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications and determine the award recipient.
- The selected Educator-of-the-Year will be recognized at the OMLA annual state conference.
Ohio Middle Level Association Educator of the Year Award
Previous recipients who are not eligible for this award:
|1979 Burt Reed||1994 Susan Wynn||2009 Jack Berckemeyer|
|1980 Gordan Vars||1995 William Kaderly||2010 Dona Gardner Klein|
|1981 Vince Barra||1996 Dana Cowardin||2011 Tom Burton|
|1982 Herb Broda||1997 Ed Vittardi||2013 Patricia Grove|
|1983 John Haschak||1998 Diana Haap||2014 Jay Clark|
|1984 Bob Edwards||1999 Barbara Miller||2015 Wendy Fragasse|
|1985 Rob Hayden||2000 Steve Raines||2016 Nancy Wanyerka|
|1986 Wayne Ambrose||2001 Nancy Poliseno||2016 James Trogden|
|1987 Helena Sturkey||2002 Don Jostworth|
|1988 Larry Lewis||2003 Janet Litzel|
|1989 Charlotte Wagner||2004 David Kommer|
|1990 Gordon Gerber||2005 Charles Beard|
|1991 Philip Binkley||2006 Ferald Manganella|
|1992 Joe Mucciarone||2007 Shannon Federinko|
|1993 Tom Bletcher||2008 John Swaim|