OMLA Component Award Scheduling
Application Deadline: Deadline Has Passed
Component Award Description
This award is given to a deserving middle level school that incorporates best middle level practices into their daily schedule. To be considered for this award you must fill out an application as well as provide a written essay that addresses and provides evidence for all criteria below.
- Schools that apply must be current OMLA Institutional Members.
- A school may apply for a component award in more than one area.
- A school that has received a component award cannot be nominated for a component award in the same area for the following two years.
- Applications must be received by the posted deadline.
- Applicant provides documentation that demonstrates exemplary practices in the specific Component Award area.
Awarding the Honor
- A committee of the Ohio Middle Level Association Executive Board members will review all applications.
- Applicants that meet the criteria on paper are notified and a site-visitation team of OMLA members and/or consultants is scheduled to verify the middle level component practice.
- Recipients will be recognized at the state conference awards reception with a plaque honoring their accomplishment.
All criteria below must be addressed in the written application to be considered.
4 – Accomplished 3 – Proficient 2 – Developing 1 – Limited/No evidence
- Criterion 1 Goals are clearly defined to promote best middle level practices.
- Criterion 2 All stakeholders are represented and have a significant role in the development,application, and regular evaluation of the master schedule.
- Criterion 3 The needs of all students are considered and served within the schedule. (special education, gifted/ talented, ESL, at-risk, grade/subject, etc…)
- Criterion 4 Common planning time is provided to teams on a regular basis and is effectively structured to support student learning and the goals of the master schedule.
- Criterion 5 Team members share in the planning and scheduling of activities for their flexible blocks of instructional time.
Applications must be mailed or emailed to the addresses listed below by January 10, 2016.
Bridgetown Middle School
3900 Race Road
Cincinnati, OH 45211
Teays Valley West Middle School
200 Grove Run Rd.
Commercial Point, OH 43116
Phone: 740-983-5000 or 614-877-4297